Wearing properly fitted shoes with custom orthotics can treat and prevent a wide variety of foot and ankle problems. In fact, by correcting any gait abnormalities with proper arch support and fine-tuning that supports with pads and inserts, you will also improve the function of your knees, hips, and back. See your foot doctor right away to start seeing the benefits of custom foot orthotics.
5 great benefits of foot orthotics include the following:
- Reduction of pressure and rubbing—Orthotics are used to shift pressure and stress away from problem areas to treat and prevent skin conditions like corns, calluses, and painful blisters.
- Proper arch support— Using arch supports and other custom orthotics that are molded to fit your precise foot shape will treat overpronation problems and also realign your spine to help with knee, hip, and back pain.
- Increased balance—Wearing properly fitted shoes with ankle braces will increase balance and prevent falls.
- Treating and preventing infections—Diabetic foot ulcers and other wounds and infections can be isolated with the help of orthotics so that healing can occur.
- Avoiding the need for surgery—By treating foot problems early with custom orthotics, you can prevent future complications and the need for surgery.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of orthotic shoe inserts, make an appointment to see your podiatrist. Dr. Scott Nelson of Foot and Ankle Medical Clinic in Garland, TX (county of Dallas) is a board-certified and highly experienced podiatrist who has helped people suffering from all types of foot and ankle injuries and deformities. From bunions to diabetic foot problems, sports injuries and fungal nails, you can trust that Dr. Nelson and his staff are wholeheartedly devoted to your foot health. Please contact our office with any questions you may have or to schedule an appointment by calling 972-414-9800.